Complaints and appeals
If you have a problem during the audit process, or if you disagree with the auditor's decision, we ask that you make a formal, written complaint or appeal to Skills Active in the first instance.
Your written complaint or appeal can be by letter or email and should be addressed to the OutdoorsMark Programme Manager.
You must specify the reasons for the complaint or appeal and request a review. We will respond in writing to your initial correspondence.
Your complaint or appeal will be discussed with your auditor and the Skills Active Safety Assurance Committee.
An independent review of Skills Active's actions will be conducted if the case warrants it.
Complaints and appeals are reviewed at OutdoorsMark moderation meetings in order to improve quality management.
Our commitment to you:
- We will resolve complaints fairly, quickly and sensitively
- We will provide an impartial response to the complaint (complaints will be assessed and responded to by people not involved in the service or incident that is the subject of the complaint)
- You will receive an initial response within three working days
- We will always keep you informed about what you can expect next
- All complaints received will be treated confidentially unless written permission is given to disclose the source of the complaint.